Geetanjali Mukherjee

Monday, January 10, 2011

Favourite Inspiring Quotes

These are some of my favourite inspiring quotations, that have helped me get through tough times, or times when I found it difficult to believe that the path I was on was the right one. In light of my previous post, I was looking for inspiration, and was reminded of these words:

"The person who gets the farthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare. The sure-thing boat never gets far from shore."
–Dale Carnegie

"My mother drew a distinction between achievement and success. She said that achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is in you. Success is being praised by others. That is nice but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success."
-Helen Hayes

"To understand the heart and mind of a person, look not at what he has already achieved, but at what he aspires to."
-Kahlil Gibran

"Success is not measured by what you accomplish but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds."
-Orison Swett Marden

And my absolute favourite:

“Study while others are sleeping; work while others are loafing; prepare while others are playing; and dream while others are wishing.”
-William Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...