Geetanjali Mukherjee

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Publishing a Side Project

I recently published a short book examining the life of Albert Speer, one of Hitler's cabinet members during WWII, and a prominent architect of the Reich. It is available on Amazon as a Kindle download.




I am very excited about publishing this book, as I did it as a break between larger projects that I have been working on for a while now.


Part of the reason I started writing this blog was to figure out ways to shake up my creative process, and find ways to get more done, take risks in my work and increase my productivity, while at the same time, having more fun. I have been reading a lot about writing and creativity over the past few years, and thought it would be useful to document some of what I have been learning, once I have a chance to digest it and find ways to apply it in my work.


Inspired by many others whose work I admire and who are surprisingly productive, I decided to find small ways to be more productive. I am not sure how much of it I imbibed, but something surely sank in, and I found time to put this short book together. I hope ultimately that people read my book and like it but for now the joy of putting something out there, complete, or as complete as I can make it, is all I really wanted. This itself is inspiring me to get back to my bigger projects and push them towards completion as well.


So what is inspiring you to get back to work on your creative projects? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...